Bacterial Sequestration Efficacy of DryMax Super
- insights into an independent laboratory study (1)
Aim of Study: Compare ability of 5 superabsorbent dressings (SAP) to sequester and retain bacteria over 7 days. This test investigated sequestration of a pathogenic MRSA.
- Keep viable bacteria within DryMax core
DryMax Super sequesters viable bacteria within the core of the dressing over 7 days.
- Reduce risk of transfer bacteria
DryMax Super prevents transfer of bacteria back to wound area over 7 days.
- Key in the treatment of chronic wounds
DryMax Super is capable of managing contaminated exudate over 7 days, a key element in the successful treatment of chronic non-healing infected wounds.
(1) Mihutescu et al, A comparison of bacterial sequestration in SAP dressings, Poster at Wounds UK 2022